On 30th September 1988 Margareta Dillinger, Johnny Klinke and the unforgotten cabaret artist Matthias Beltz opened the first international variety club of modern times in downtown Frankfurt. To the complete surprise of pundits and a delighted city audience, the revival of variety was destined to take place in, of all places, Frankfurt am Main. Since then the Tigerpalast has become an international institution – both in terms of its entertainment and cuisine – with a reputation that extends far beyond Frankfurt’s city limits. Evening for evening an intimate relationship is struck up between leading international variety stars and an intrigued and delighted audience.
DATES & FACTS
|Central switchboard:||+49 (0)69 920022-0|
|Group and banqueting enquiries:||+49 (0)69 920022-50|
|Fax:||+49 (0) 69 920022-17|
|Sales office opening times:||Mon - Sun from 10 a.m.-7 p.m.|
Where is the Tigerpalast
In downtown Frankfurt – near the law courts – 3 minutes walk from the Konstablerwache and Zeil underground stations.
|Variety directors:||Margareta Dillinger & Johnny Klinke|
|Managing director:||Robert Mangold|
|Marketing manager:||Isabell Spiering|
|Banqueting/events manager:||Caroline Llamas-Wohler und Viola Buchwald|
|Human resources department:||Corina Nentwich & Nina Hanel|
|Chef de cuisine:||Andreas Krolik|
|Tiger-Gourmetrestaurant manager:||Dietmar Fritz|
|Palastbar-Restaurant manager:||Sergej Chernenilov|
|Variety service manager:||Steffen Schreiner|
- Germany’s leading variety club since 1988
- Performances given both on stage and in the round
- Audience seated at small bistro tables
- One small VIP box for a maximum of 17 people
- Maximum distance from the stage 12 m
- Gourmet restaurant
- Elegant performers’ restaurant, walls decorated with images from the world of variety
- French cuisine
- Awarded 1 star by the Michelin Guide
- Awarded 17 points by Gault Millau
- Awarded 3.5 F by Feinschmecker
- Awarded 4 chef's caps by the Restaurant & Hotelguide
- Awarded 3 spoons by the Schlemmeratlas
- Awarded 3 diamonds by the Varta guide
- Wine list with over 1,000 entries
- Opening times: Tuesdays to Saturdays from 7.00 p.m. - 0.00 midnight (All rights reserved, especially on public holidays)
- Reservations recommended
- Ancient vaulted cellar, adjoins the Palast bar
- Main room seats 60 guests, adjoining room (= Kolleg) for up to 50 guests; either the complete Palastbar restaurant or just the Kolleg can be booked exclusively.
- Mediterranean menus
- Especially suitable for corporate functions, anniversaries, family celebrations
- Opening times: Tuesdays to Sundays from 5.00 p.m. – 1.00 a.m.
- Ancient vaulted cellar, adjoins the Palastbar restaurant
- Comprehensive cocktail menu, range of exclusive whiskies, rums and gins
- Opening times: Tuesday to Sunday from 5.00 p.m. – 1.00 a.m.
Tigerpalast room capacities in numbers:
180 (190 for private and/or complete bookings)
50 (70 for private and/or complete bookings)
The rooms are all located in the one building at Heiligkreuzgasse 16-20 in Frankfurt. The Varieté is located at street level, the Tiger restaurant, Palast bistrot and Palast bar in the basement.